Few people have naturally straight teeth, and for years, the only option was unsightly metal braces, but that’s changed with Invisalign. Instead of wires and metal brackets, Invisalign straightens your teeth with a series of comfortable aligners that gently move your teeth into a more desirable position over your months-long treatment time. Best of all, your aligners are removable and invisible, so many people may not even notice that your teeth are gradually becoming straighter.
With Invisalign, you wear each set of aligners for two weeks, removing them only to eat or drink, or for your daily brushing and flossing routine. Each time you graduate to a new set of aligners, your teeth will have moved gradually closer to the desired location. With Invsalign, you’ll need to visit Dr. Dan Hwang every six weeks to ensure that Invisalign is effectively moving your teeth.
1. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Dan Hwang: During the initial visit, Dr. Hwang will outline your treatment for you and take impressions of your teeth to send to Invisalign for fabrication of the aligners.
2. Invisalign makes your aligners: Your bite impressions are turned into a custom made series of clear aligners using advanced 3-D computer imaging technology. Depending on your treatment plan, you may have anywhere between 12 to 48 aligners.
3. Second consultation with Dr. Hwang: Westboro Station Dental will receive your aligners a few weeks after Invisalign makes your aligners. At your second consultation with Dr. Hwang, you’ll receive your first series of aligners to wear before your next appointment.
4. Wearing your custom Invisalign aligners: You’ll wear each set of Invisalign aligners for about two weeks and visit with Dr. Hwang every six weeks to get a new set of aligners and check your progress.
5. Your Invisalign treatment is complete: The average treatment time ranges from nine to fifteen months, but this will vary depending on your custom treatment plan. Once your treatment is complete, we will fabricate retainers to wear at night.